Providing customer focused 2nd Line Service Desk support for hardware and software issues. Prioritising incidents based on their business impact. Assessing the complexity of incidents and following escalation processes where required. Ensuring all calls are accurately logged into the Service Desk system. Proactively identifying potential or future issues at client sites. Proactively sharing technical knowledge with the team.
The 2nd Line Support Engineer Position Requires.
- Resolve remote/on site problems with computer & network devices, CCTV systems & intruder systems
- Provide 2nd line support
- Troubleshooting complexed server/desktop issues
- Administration of MS 365
- Administration of MS technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy and Office applications.
- Support for Virtualization products including VMWare & Hyper-V
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Liaising with external parties where necessary
- Good communication with clients
- To learn & be knowledgeable in all our supported product range
- To perform various administrative duties
- Efficiently escalating support cases to 3rd line support where necessary
- On call duties (extra pay)
- Client focused
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows Server & MS Office
- Good knowledge of switches & routers
- Good understanding of MS 365
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Basic knowledge of CCTV, Intruder & Cloud PBX system (full training will be given)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintaining awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Working in a support role in a busy environment
- Experience of working in a 2nd line role, for an MSP would be preferred.
The role will mainly be office-based, working as part of the help desk team, however there will be a requirement to attend site on some occasions so a full UK driving licence is required. Working
Hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
Annual Salary (£22,000 to £28,000)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.