We are an established security, I.T and telecoms service provider in the North West. We focus our security division in Intruder Alarms, Fire CCTV (IP and Analogue) and Access Control across commercial properties. We are currently looking for an experienced engineer to join our installations team.
Senior project engineers oversee operating processes used to complete projects. They check that staff members perform their duties to a high standard to ensure the project runs smoothly, overseeing the needs of the client, liaising with project and design managers, and finding ways to improve processes.
Senior Project Engineers work full-time and may be asked to work on multiple projects. They usually work on sites to observe said projects and check the project is running to schedule. If a project is running behind schedule, they would be expected to update project managers with their POA and work additional hours/request additional resource to complete the project within the allocated time scales.
If you are a strong security alarm engineer or an engineer looking to grow in the industry with knowledge then we can offer a great work environment for you, with opportunities to learn new skills in the different sectors we provide such as telephony, network design/installation and IT. You will be supported by not only the other members of the installation team, but a full service and technical support department.
Senior Project Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
Monitor Projects – Senior project engineers prepare, coordinate, and monitor a project, from the initial schedule to final completion. Once a project has been designed, they will be included on a pre-start meeting for the project with the project manager and system architect.
Perform Quality Control – All aspects of the project need to be completed to a high standard so senior project engineers perform quality control checks throughout all stages of the schedule to ensure budgets are kept, deadlines are met, compliance is adhered top and the performance of the team is as it should be.
Assign Responsibilities – As tasks come in and new stages of the project are met, the senior project engineer will assign tasks and responsibilities to members of the team so that everything is completed on time. This involves mentoring the project team and managing its performance.
Communicate with the Team – Communication is key to this role and includes letting the team know of any updates or problems, as well as providing assistance and support whenever necessary.
Monitor Compliance – Senior project engineers monitor the compliance of the project to ensure that industry codes and practices are adhered to, quality assurance policies are followed, and performance standards are met.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Senior Project Engineer Skills and Qualifications
Senior project engineers are effective communicators, able to motivate a team, and have excellent organisation skills.
• Project management – senior project engineers are decisive, and adept at spotting potential problems and finding appropriate solutions to keep productivity humming along
• Time management – projects must adhere to tight deadlines to be completed on time. Successful senior project engineers prioritise tasks to make sure the project runs smoothly
• Leadership and interpersonal abilities – senior project engineers oversee diverse teams of people, giving clear instructions, and effectively managing the team’s performance, motivating it, and keeping up morale, particularly during busy periods
• Flexibility – often on stressful projects, unexpected issues arise. Good senior project engineers have the flexibility to adapt to new systems and processes, finding ways to work around these problems.
Additional Skills and Information
• This role requires an engineer who can competently and efficiently install Intruder & Fire Alarms, CCTV and Access Control Systems to the high standard Lansafe set as a company.
• Minimum 5 years experience on the tools required.
• Experience in reactive service & repairs
• Experience preferred in Texecom, Paxton, Videx, C-Tec, Hikvision or Dahua
• Be able to work independently & as part of a team
• Provide technical expertise in install, fault finding and repair with a variety of operating systems from small scale systems to large commercial multi-site installation.
• Full UK Drivers license
• Ability to communicate well with other members of staff and customers
• Ability to meet deadlines and work to the time scales given for each job
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year + (depending on skill & Experience)
• overtime (optional)
• company vehicle
• power tools
• mobile / Laptop
• uniform & PPE